이렇게 공부하는게 맞겠지?_문과생의 상상력
가상 기업 설정: 해충방제서비스 기업 (말레이시아)
Business problem and Purpose of Survey (문제점 도출 및 서베이 목적 설정)
This survey was carried out to address the problem of estimating demand for pest control services in the town, so our pest control company can decide which services to focus on in this region.
There are 3 main objectives for this survey:
First, to determine the extent that the townspeople are concerned by pest problems, and to identify the main types of pests that need to be dealt with in this town; (해충 종류)
Second, to determine the demand for pest control services in the town; (서비스 수요)
Third, to determine how much money people in the town would be willing to spend on pest control services. (금액)
Population, sample and sampling method
The population in this survey is all the households in the town.
The sample in this survey is the 40 households that were surveyed.
Sampling method and survey methodology
The sampling method was by random selection of house numbers in the town housing area. After house numbers were selected at random, the survey was carried out using door-to-door surveying with questionnaires at the chosen houses. In the event that no one could be contacted at any of the selected homes, or the home owners refused to be surveyed, then another house number was selected at random as replacement.
Analysis of data
1. Nominal Data
The modal class for Chart 1 is Cockroaches, with 10 households (25%) concerned that it would be the most serious type of pest. That is followed by rats, with 9 households (22.5%) and then mosquitoes, with 7 households (17.5%). 5 households (12.5%) were concerned about termites. 4 households (10%) believed that flies could be a problem and 3 (7.5) thought that geckos could be a pest. Finally, the 2 classes with the lowest amount of selections, "ants" and "other", registered 1 household (2.5%) each). In sum, worries over cockroaches, rats and mosquitoes account for 65% of the sample.
From Chart 2 it can be seen that 80% of households surveyed believed that there would be pest problems in the town. Only 20% believed otherwise.
Q1. What kinds of pests do you think will be a problem for your household?
Q2. Do you think pests will be a problem in this town area? (Yes/ No)
2. Interval data
From Chart 3, the frequency polygon, it can be seen that most people in the town have not suffered very great damage from pests. In the past 3 years more than half (27 households or 67.5%) of the households suffered only RM50 or less damage due to pests.
Similarly, from the histogram Chart 4, it can also be observed that most of the townspeople do not spend a lot on pest control. A majority of those surveyed (26 households or 65%) spent only RM 300 or less on pest control in the past 3 years.
3. Grouped frequency table
For the data in Table 5,
Mean = 8.25
Median = 6.773
Mode = 3.447
Standard Deviation = 6.675
Coefficient of variation = 0.809
From these we can observe that:
- The data is positively skewed. This shows that most people have used pest control relatively few times. This is further confirmed by the value of the mode which is at only 3.447.
- The data is quite spread out, with a relatively large coefficient of variation. This means that there is a wide range of differences between the number of times different households would use pest control.
4. Cross-tabulation of nominal data
From Table 6, it can be seen that almost half of all of households surveyed (19 households or 47.5% of the total) both believe that will be pest problems and had used our company's pest control services before. This is 15% more than those who believe that pests will be a problem but didn't use our pest control services (13 households; 32.5%), indicating that those who believe that pest problems will happen are more likely to use pest control services.
From the table it can also be seen that those who believe pests will not be a problem yet have used our company's services (5 households; 12.5%) and those who think pests are not problematic and also have not used our company's services (3 households; 7.5%) are small minorities.
Conclusions and recommendations
From analyzing the charts and tables, these conclusions can be made:
1. The most serious pests in the area are likely to be cockroaches, rats, and mosquitoes.
2. An overwhelming majority of residents in the town believe that pests are a problem
3. Most households in the town do not suffer serious damage from pests, and they are also not willing to spend too much money on pest control either
4. Most townspeople have used pest control only a few times, although the number of times pest control was used varies greatly from house to house.
5. People who believe that pests are a problem are more likely to buy pest control services.
In line with these conclusions, we make the following recommendations:
1. In this town, our company should focus on providing pest control services to deal with cockroaches, rats and mosquitoes.
2. Our company should focus on providing one-off service instead of more costly, long term pest control plans. 3. The pricing of each pest control product or service should not exceed RM300.
[설문지 문항 작성]
1. What kind of pest do you think will be the most serious problem for your household?
__ Other/ None of the above
2. Do you think pests will be a problem in this town area? (Y / N)
3. How many times have you used pest control in the past 3 years?
__ 0 - 4 times
__ 5 - 9 times
__ 10 - 14 times
__ 15 - 19 times
__ 20 - 24 times
__ 25 times or more (please specify: ____ )
4. On average, how much money per month do you spend on pest control services?
__ RM 0 – 100
__ RM 100 – 300
__ RM 300 – 500
__ RM 500 – 700
__ RM 700 – 900
__ More than RM 900
5. How much costs due to property damage or personal injury caused by pests have you experienced in the past 3 years? (select the nearest figure from the list below)
__ RM 0
__ RM 50
__ RM 100
__ RM 150
__ RM 200
__ RM 250
__ RM 300
__ More than RM300
6. Have you used our company's pest control services before? (Y / N)
7. How worried are you about pest problems?
__ Not worried at all
__ A little worried
__ Moderately worried
__ Very worried
__ Worried all the time